Me: :I Cardboard never will and has never shot stuff. Knuckles: Oh really? v*throws fake grenade* Boom. Me: Fail, look near your tail. Shrine: OH GOD SHE THREW IT BACK! Me: Something Germans didn't do, even though I'm part German: throw them back. Even a KID is smarter then a FREAKING SOLDIER.
"Were their parents really qualified to raise them?"
But, then again, it is the truth of pretty much ALL fan bases.
I don't see that problem in any other fanbase.
It does really annoy me when a new Sonic game comes out, and I only see negative things about that, though. Like, they see it and go "Yeah, that sucks." and just walk away. I want to get Boom even MORE now so I can be one of the few fans that'll defend the game. (I really enjoyed the Demo. I also like the Cartoon...but that doesn't count much)
But god forbid if you insult something Popular with most of the Sonic fanbase like Shadow or the original games. I had stated once that I only really enjoy the Sonic games (aside from the story and game play) because of Eggman, his henchmen, and a few other characters. That I did't like a lot of the characters at all. That I really disliked Shadow. (And I have my reasons)
My butt was torn to bits. I was told I was a horrible fan, that I shouldn't CALL myself a fan, and I should leave the fan base because I have no taste and was horrible.
Aside from all that, yes, all fanbases have their assholes, but like I said, a lot of people who claim to be Sonic fans hardly like anything about the franchise itself, and if their vocal, they're gonna be negative all the time. As for me, I actually do like most of Sonic's content and mediums, the only ones I don't like are the games since Colors came out, claiming to be for kids when it's really for adult Nintendo fanboys who were the ones bitching about the series in the first place.
How? Just be modest and you should be fine
1. Complaining about little details, (character design, voice acting, etc.), does not make a video game bad. While I do get a little nitpicky on character designs and voice acting, I don't obsess about it that much because that's not how a video game should be mainly focused on. It's all about the gameplay.
2. People entitled to their own opinions. Whether you like the Sonic series or not, most Sonic fanboys try to change their opinions by force. They also sometimes hate you for not having the same opinion as he/she does. I remember when I posted a comment on Sonic 2006 and saying it's not as bad as many people say, one Sonic fanboy posted a comment that's basically saying that I'm an idiot and I should get out of the internet because my opinion sucks and all that. I told the Sonic fanboy that if you hate the game then you hate it, but don't make other people change their opinions just because you said so.
it sounds impossible but i KNOW it is, and honestly i just want it to be said instead of allways being warry of the bad fans. That's how it will help, not just simply say "sonic fans are crazy" and leave it at that.
What the hell was SEGA thinking anyways...
Sonic's a dead horse, and I believe he should be killed off permanently, that way SEGA can start from scratch.
I feel like I rant too much, but seriously... any death would be well appreciated.
Found this... and I have to agree. So true!!
I guess I'm pretty old. I do remember playing the first Sonic game in the Genesis. I liked it. I played Sonic 2 and they it died for me. Don't know why. It just happened. The next games didn't called to me.
Then came the Dreamcast and Sonic Adventure 1 & 2... I got the console and the first game the very first day it came to the stores. Got hooked seriously bad! I love the slender design and the green eyes. The eyes remind me of the Chaos Emeralds for some reason.
About SatAM... never got hooked. I tried watching the show. I did see the first chapters in order and everything. There's something about it that I just can't stand. So I just went on. I tried to read Archie... read up to issued #65... didn't hook me. No idea why. Is just not my cup of tea I guess.
I played all of the Sonic games since Adventure. I certainly have my complains about certain things... some games I hate, some games I tolerate the gameplay and ignored the story plot and other games I do enjoy and love.
I do have a couple that I adore... for weird reasons that I don't understand... but just thinking about writing or even drawing them makes me feel uncomfortable because the fan-war is so violent. If some people don't like Sonamy or Sonally... why in the world they complain into the account that holds such drawings and/or stoires? why not move ahead to the pages that hold what they ship? Really insane in my opinion!!
Thank for posting this.
2. Too old to keep up with the times? I'm pretty sure that 20-something-year-old neckbeards are capable of telling time and have a perfectly functional memory.
3. Because every other fanbase in the world totally doesn't have a bunch of fat sperging 14-year-old girls getting their pussies tight to some shitty gary-stu emo character.
4. Oh no, some people don't like the Sonic Archie Comics anymore because once they got to the modernish era the comic started to become convoluted and the writing kept sucking even more and more cocks as they pumped up all the fan service Tails Dolls in! This is a FUCKINGworld crisis! Also, who cares if people attack one another for liking things? No one does, spergs just don't know how to ignore other spergs sperging out about some shitty comic that no one with a decent IQ cares about at all that needs to die more than The Simpsons.
5. No one ever complained about Sonic having green eyes. Everybody who watched the diaperfur neckbeard's video had autism and they didn't have the intelligence to realize that he was complaining about the horrible design in general, not just a minor color. Just face the facts, the design is horrible and isn't fit for Sonic at all. Porcupine Man was amazing, by the way. You're just asshurt because Raverkidd has Nigger God eyes and he sees things as they really are, unlike basement-dwelling Sonic tards.
6. You do realize that retards still give shits about MariotehPlumber and Balish, right? Same with AntiSonicEnterprises, there's still a comment war going on there that's full of spergs like you
7. Opinions are a insta-shield, you could say, for retards who don't know how to come out, face facts, and back-up what they think like real shitposters do.
8. Your logic is fucking terrible. Should game critics not say something bad about a game and just ignore it when its bad? That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard.
sonic is sonic and I am happy about any version.
Why are you here.