As for the new canon, it's watered down compared to the original, but Ian Flynn is still a good writer, and aside from Sega trying to ruin them, they are still much better then the games turn out.
Now some of the Mandates make sense; "Have more connection to the games, do more adaptations OF said games" all that makes sense. But then there's the "no romance or family members" or the out right removal of characters who didn't NEED to be or Ken got his hands on. Hell some are just hypocritical like the reason why Scourge isn't around. "Oh we can't have dark counterparts to Sonic" Yeah meanwhile Shadow and Metal Sonic are still around.
I get thatSega has there own way of doing things, but they have no direction for the games as is. This comes off as pointless, and a slap to the face of archie fans. I mean it's bad enough the legal stuff happened, that other stuff didn't need to. While i still like the reboot for what it is... i still think Sega should ease up on the mandates
And now I want a Vectorman three...
As far as I can tell, here's what can be done:
1) Have the Archie Sonic comic series cancelled (that'll shut SAVE-ARCHIE-SONIC up. Permanently.)
2) SEGA could give the rights to make a comic series to another, much larger comic book publisher (Dark Horse Comics, IDW, Etc. Hell, I'd presonally like to see what a Sonic series whould be like in the hands of DC comics. Sonic/Justice League crossover, anyone?) with a more talented writing team (Am I the only one who'd like to see Grant Morrison write a Sonic story?).
3) SEGA should just leave the creative team to do what they want. Don't mess up their work with mandates.
4) Keep the characters that made it through the Archie reboot (that may help bring some of the Archie-Sonic fans on board, providing they aren't whining about it).
5) Bring back the Penders-made characters (this may seem impossible, but according to some sources (EVEN PENDERS HIMSELF) Archie are currently still allowed to use his characters, they've just chosen not to. Clearly, then, something can be worked out).
6) Make Sonic the main character again (There's a reason why it's called SONIC THE HEDGEHOG).
What do you guys think?
As the whole thign goes, I don't think anyone would risk losing EVEN MORE fans by handing it over to another company, there are all kinds of thing to do with copyrights and contract that they have to go through, it could turn out alright, but it could end being a complete mess. I think it would be better to just let the new timeline play out.
And for the save the comic thing... do you HONESTLY think they'll stop for ANYTHING?! I mean... really...
i dont want archie to be deep and dark again
mobius got removed, the old characters got removed
and even the redesigns popped up,ken penders made a comic
that ruined everything,.
But hey im fine im going to be in sonic video games anyway.
i am more familiar with the Sonic games so I enjoy it.
why would you save the old timeline? They got rid of it because it obviously wasn't working.
Good to here mang. I was thinking, it would be really cool if we had someone like that representing the comics? Not for every issue and I've seen you're to archie haters rants in the past, but I mean someone to compare how the comics run things and what makes them better then then games, and more importantly, how the games can take certain aspects of the comics and apply them(For instance, Amy being less of a stalker and more of an actual member of the team). I've made a meme that could be a small example of that.
As the saying goes you got to know when to hold em and know when to hold em when to fold ’em. Sonic franchise was a mess to start with. That fraction of the fans think they can do it because maybe it can be like revival of Spiderman but there are a lot complications they did not take notice.
Ken finally got his characters, which has been known to be difficult for many people who work in comic books. Let him have his victory. You may not like him but let him have something for all of this. Ian wanted to give Ken’s characters attention because he was a fan of the Sonic Comic before he was writing.